What Is SEO
SEO (or Search Engine Optimisation) is the strategy of increasing a website’s visibility on search engines such as Google, and helping the website “rank higher” in the search results for keywords that are important to your business.
For each search term, there might be thousands of web pages to choose from, and Google ranks these in order of relevance. To do this they use over 300 different factors, all part of the Google Algorithm.
While the exact factors and their weighting remains a secret, SEO helps “optimise” your website so it that Google sees it as more important and relevant. With higher authority comes higher rankings, and more traffic to your website.
Some of the most important factors in search engine rankings include:
- Quality of the content on each page
- Occurance of keywords on your page
- Number and quality of backlinks pointing to your website
- Amount of social media engagement
- Good site architecture, load speeds and usability
- Occurance of keywords in your page URLs