There are a number of companies out there who promise an “SEO guarantee” such as:
- Guaranteed Number 1 Rankings on Google
- Top Rankings within 48 hours
- Submit Your Website to thousands of search engines
- We have a special partnership with Google and can guarantee top rankings
- Free SEO trial services
If you see these or similar “marketing tactics” from a company, steer clear! These are spammy and slimy tactics used to wrongly lure potential customers. Let’s look at these promises in more detail:
- Guaranteed Number 1 Rankings on Google – No one can guarantee a number 1 ranking in Google. There are so many factors involved such as an ever-changing algorithm, differences in competition levels for different keywords and different industries, and your website itself.
- Top Rankings within 48 hours – SEO is a gradual process and you will not be able to rank high on Google in just a couple of days – unless it’s for a keyword that no-one else is using, and in that case it’s likely no-one is searching for it anyway!
- Submit Your Website to thousands of search engines – There are automated programs that do this however it adds very little value. Simply adding your website to search engines doesn’t guarantee rankings…plus, over 95% of people use the main 3 search engines, Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- We have a special partnership with Google and can guarantee top rankings – No SEO company has a special partnership with Google, so this is a complete lie. And no staff member at Google would jeopardise their career by working illegally with an SEO firm.
- Free SEO trial services – There is a lot of work in implementing effective SEO including keyword analysis, on-page optimisation, content creation, link building and lots more. No legitimate company is going to offer to do SEO for free. If it sounds too good to be true, it will be!
Furthermore, if you find a company that doesn’t charge you until you reach a certain ranking position, if you don’t get results in 8 months, you may not have to pay, but you’ve still lost 8 months of potential traffic generated from a reputable SEO company, which is priceless!
Even Google specifies on it’s guidelines that no-one can guarantee top rankings:
So with so many SEO companies out there, how do you know who to trust?
Ask questions. A legitimate company will be happy to provide information about what they are doing. Educating the client and full transparency should be part and parcel with an SEO campaign.
Word of mouth can go a long way too, so ask other colleagues and friends who they have used.
See case studies. Getting an idea of the success a firm has had with past clients will give an indication of their worthiness. If they haven’t got any prior results, why would you use them?
So you’d like to see a case study of a Temerity SEO client?
Here is one of the businesses we have provided successful SEO for since April 2013.
This “artifical grass” supplier was receiving between 200 and 600 organic visitors from search engines each month without SEO. They were also spending as much as $700 some months on Google Adwords, which brought them an extra 300 visitors.
They decided to cut back this Adwords spending and put $500/month into SEO. Within 10 months they had increased their organic traffic from 600 to 1700 visitors/month. A few months later and they were consistently receiving over 3000 visitors a month.
The additional 2400 visitors traffic increase would have cost over $5000/month using Google Adwords but with our SEO campaign, it only cost them $500/month. The increase in traffic has seen a huge increase in enquiries and sales, and allowed them to expand their company from Melbourne to Australia-wide.
To find out more, view our SEO plans or contact us using the enquiry form.